View Single Post
Old 7 Mar 2019, 16:54 (Ref:3888947)   #24
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
thanks chunt and adam, even if I did want to scan more prints, I put them back in my dads photo box, I figured he liked having them there, and the "there" is a two hour drive away....so no more scans for now (and it still doesnt change that they are mediocre shots)

re memories and impressions---1980 was the first time I went to a gp, and I will always remember walking towards the track, would have been probably the first friday practice session, hearing the sounds and as we were walking past the hairpin, seeing a real life F1 car hammering towards us, then hauling out the anchors andslamming down the gearbox, heel and toe sounds gear by gear faster than I had ever heard a car downshift....and the sounds.....still gives me goosebumps thinking about it, it had that much of an impression on me.

so whether its 1980 or thereabouts, with DFV, V-12s or 1.6 turbo sounds washing over you---or for someone else in 2002 hearing a V-10 screaming towards them in real life--we all remember those first times and just how visceral it was--and this kinda sums up F1, bonkers fast, usually bonkers loud and bonkers cool.