View Single Post
Old 11 Sep 2019, 19:56 (Ref:3927465)   #1023
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
To save money, Williams did not bother to design, build or bring a low downforce rear wing for Spa and Monza... that explains their unimpressive straight line speeds.
I am not sure what to think of that. It raises more questions. I know they are underfunded, but in the end, I would think that normally they would have had a low downforce setup like everyone else. I can't remember, but did they have a special Monaco setup (I assume teams have a unique Monaco setup beyond the changes required for the tight turns).

Are they...

* So underfunded that they can't do proper development for all expected scenarios?
* Focusing attention elsewhere (i.e. have fully abandoned development of the 2019 car)?
* All of the above?

I guess my prior thought is that while underfunded, their bigger issue was internal/management issues (which resulted in the poorly designed and late car). But now I wonder if more is going on that if they can't even attempt to bring the right aero spec to races. Are they bringing ANY development bits for the 2019 car to races at this point? I seem to remember that before the summer break they brought updates to the car.

Richard