View Single Post
Old 24 Nov 2016, 12:11 (Ref:3690711)   #49
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would never buy the thing so can't say I have played it to any degree.

Though I did spend a weekend playing it on a mates Ps4 with a decent wheel and found it pretty good.

I am simply saying it felt fine to me after a weekend of playing fairly extensively.

But I never really play against AI, I always play online or time trials. Can't see the point in playing against AI, unless you are in a career type mode and even then its rather pointless.

I am the last person believe it or not to back PCARS, if my name is mentioned on some forums people will remember the racedepartment thread that went on for hundreds of posts about my experience there and how it led to people adding their views there on how the game was, how the people that made it treated you if you dared to criticise or simply vent post as I did!!

It was an interesting experience actually, especially WMD's efforts to prevent the same things being posted elsewhere and numerous bannings resulting over nothing but that.

Their business model was a new plan, I thought it wrong, but I would guess when you can spend millions on PR and marketing you get what they got, a half finished title that looked glossy, was largely designed for consoles and largely worked for the casual player. But it's not very moddable and if you dig past he veneer as you have fella, you find the cracks and faults.

Made them a bucket, made the investors a small profit, but also left an awful lot of people with a sour taste in their mouth, split communities and made other developers look at getting people to do QA work for them for free while paying for the privilege, a rather disappointing precedent.

But it did expose Mr BVell to be a total bully and a nasty piece of work who really needs a PA to muzzle him.

Last edited by chunder; 24 Nov 2016 at 12:18.