View Single Post
Old 21 Aug 2018, 07:21 (Ref:3845125)   #312
Jam3s
Racer

Jam3s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
The one thing I think works against the Swift chassis was that because of who was behind it, there may not have been enough of a support base to alleviate the concerns of the backers and prospective participants. At the very least, it's less likely to have as good of a support base as Onroak could provide.

That might go for the Super5000 design as well - both cars would probably have a better support base than I'm picturing in my mind, but I doubt either would hold a candle to what Onroak can offer - and that's the important part.

As an aside, from my observation, public support seemed to favor the Swift-derived FT5000 from the moment the final version(with the more appropriate airbox) had it's demo. Though opinions seemed very split on whether to use the Coyote engine or the Supercars engine.
The likely Coyote version they will be using will make supercar power at 1/3rd the cost and half the maintenance cycles, so really there shouldn't be an argument regarding engine choice imo.

---

Opinions will be swayed due to the new chassis utilising the Halo but it meant the FIA was happy and no crash testing needed to be done. Also a much shorter lead time for the initial batch since they don't have to actually make the tubs locally now.

No brainer really, still utilises the rear end seen with the swift (including rear wing), gearbox and engine.