View Single Post
Old 14 Nov 2012, 16:59 (Ref:3166314)   #22
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
Ok, no probs.... here we go for starters:

Pic 1 : The car as I bought it.
Pic 2 : As the engine bay was. Note: triple 2" SU carbs and Mk 10 manifold fitted, requiring the battery to be moved to the boot and lots of re-arrangement in the engine bay. Also many minor parts are not from a Mk2.
Pic 3 : The engine bay with most of the non standard parts removed.
Pic 4 : The "Coombs" racing style bonnet and rear wheel spats which will be sold. Replacement standard bonnet and "deep" wheel spats have already been bought. Notice in the background the spare wheel (left) with correct tyre size fitted next to the road wheel with wider lower profile tyre fitted. (Would have been interesting if I'd got a puncture!). The low profile tyres will be sold and correct new tyres bought for all round.
Pic 5 : Front end with brightwork removed. Only issue found here was a badly corroded near-side end of the front cross rail where the bumper mounts. This will be replaced. The fan shaped shadow on the radiator core is where a Kenlow was fitted. I've taken that off because it was completely superfluous. It never ran even sitting in traffic on a hot day. Probably because the rad is a recent replacement and the engine has been cleaned inside (I can tell because the antifreeze came out crystal clear!)
Pic 6 : The triple 2" SU set above (which will be sold), with the correct twin 1 3/4" SU and manifold set below awaiting restoration.
Attached Thumbnails
Mk 2 pictures 001.jpg   Mk 2 pictures 005.jpg   PB140001.jpg  

PB140002.jpg   PB140003.jpg   PB140005.jpg