View Single Post
Old 2 Apr 2018, 21:24 (Ref:3812565)   #76
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Well - the weather was nowhere near as bad as forecast.

The racing was pretty good throughout the day I thought - the merging of classes has worked and the bigger grids gave us better racing. Higgins very impressive in the 208 and I thought Godfrey looked good in the Mitsubishi. Good to see Mike Manning back in rallycross as well.

That V6 Clio is a beast isn't it? Sounds great too. Vince Bristow must be having so much fun - he doesn't turn the car in to the corner - he throws it in sideways every time. The Minis benefited from good grids and again provided some close racing - I still don't see the need for Minis and Swifts though. Buggies were short on numbers - probably the weakest class. The retros grid has a great mix of cars, always good to see a 6R4 but the real action was behind that - some more cars joining the grid which is a good sign.

All in all a good day