View Single Post
Old 10 Aug 2000, 12:59 (Ref:29565)   #29
SNH
Racer

England
Staffordshire, England
SNH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The bar is on the outside of the circuit. It's just before the turn into the woods to get to the circuit. I can get some more info later, when my mate's back from holiday. I can tell you that the bar opens v. late & afterwards you can sit in the car park with some locals & drink 1/2 bottle of Cognac each!
The weather does change, we were in shorts in the day & winter clothing at night the one time.
The hotel in the town does fabulous breakfasts. The beer being Belgian is the best. There is also a young barmaid who works in 2 of the bars who is possibly the best looking woman I have EVER seen!
I last went 2 years ago & there was no fuel in the circuit, so we drove the race car to the local garage. The queue at the pumps was bizarre, my Capri, a couple of Triumph race cars, a Honda NSX on slicks & a few single seaters. I gather in that part of Belgium they break the laws if they think the laws are pointless.
The first time I raced there it was so foggy you couldn't see some corners from 100 metres, before we went out to practise, the Clerk told us to go slowly. In the UK we wouldn't have been allowed to go out. They played Mission Imposible as we went out for therace & God Save the Queen as we ended the race. The locals are very welcoming. The circuit is spectacular.
In the evening we took the tow car round the whole of the circuit a few times, as they only put bollards across to stop you going onto the circuit.