View Single Post
Old 16 Feb 2019, 23:47 (Ref:3884698)   #14
ibsey
Rookie

ibsey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
out of curiosity (and with my mod hat on), did you abide by the forum faq before you posted this to ask permission to promote your book?
I didn't I'm afraid, so wasn't aware of your rules & I can only apologise for that :-(

In my defence I have seen others posting on other internet forums (i.e. Autosport) where the mods have encouraged a first time unknown author to post about their passion (where it was obvious said author wasn't aware of the rules). Indeed I was in that position myself and a autosport forum mod responded:

"on many previous occasions we have been happy for both new and well-known authors to discuss their work here. We do take exception to blatant commercial plugging, but Ibsey (me) isn't guilty of that, and I hope he will let us know when his book becomes available."

https://forums.autosport.com/topic/2...umacher/page-6 (see post #263)

Since I hadn't asked prior permission there or a few other forums piston heads, or reddit etc I assumed it was ok to also do so here. Which in hindsight I accept was a mistake, and once again apologise for. :-(

Whilst I do wish to promote my book (which I am extremely proud of and you can see a review of it here; http://www.1994f1.com/sample-page/). Ultimately I am also interested in everyone's opinion on the LFB theory, and whether the research I've found throughout the course of the book changes opinions? Because Frank Dernie & Willem Toet both support it within my book.

I know the LFB theory might be radical to some, and EVERYBODY finds its difficult to change their opinion on something they have believed for years. Hence the book's motto "no point having a mind, unless you are willing to change it". If I can have your permission I would like to post a small extract of the book (which I've not posted anywhere else). This is because I would like to show everyone that you need to read the book to FULLY understand how much validity SEEMS to be in the LFB theory considering all of the research I have unearthed.

Happy to let forum members decided for themselves if I am "trying it on" with this book, or if I am a genuine F1 fan (who struggles to get taken seriously purely for the fact that he is an unknown author) to post about their passion.