View Single Post
Old 17 Nov 2020, 05:24 (Ref:4017374)   #2571
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Flatline View Post
As someone who bought tickets for the race in Australia in November 2019, I'm on the Australian Grand Prix Corporation's mailing list for tickets for 2021. Based on the emails I have received, the Corporation is extremely keen to get a race going in March and to have up to 50,000 people attend. The temporary grandstands that are erected for each grand prix will be reconfigured to maximise social distancing (not sure how this will work, but that's just what I've been told).

But it's clear that whether or not any race goes ahead will be completely up to the governments of the day.
I got the same emails as I have bought grandstand tickets every year since 1996.
It’s the quarantine requirements I can’t see how they could get around.Aus Open tennis example.Players start arriving to do 2 weeks hotel quarantine from 14 December.Those players will be eligible to play in warm up events which will all be in Melbourne from early January.Players have been told they must start quarantine at least 2 weeks before their first event.Aus Open starts 18 January.Each player is highly restricted about number of support staff they can bring with them as they also have to do the quarantine.Total quarantine bill to be paid by Tennis Australia is $33million.Now tell me again how this will work for F1.