Thread: jenson button
View Single Post
Old 22 May 2003, 14:46 (Ref:606927)   #25
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
During the race on Sunday (or was it qualifying Saturday?), Brundle said that Button and Villeneuve had been seen chatting away and laughing together, which suggests that the original tension between the two (if it actually existed beyond the media hype surrounding JV's wilder remarks) has dissipated somewhat, and at least some kind of constructive, co-operative detante has broken out.

You only need to read my posts elsewhere to see I'm not JV's greatest fan, but Brundle's comments suggest to me that JV is now respecting Button a little more (and vice versa). I guess JV always suspects the worst of a new teammate until he's proven otherwise.

That's kind of beside the point of the thread though

Jenson is doing very well. It shows that the early promise he showed in his first year hasn't disappeared. Whether he's future WDC material remains to be seen - I'm sure us Brits'll love him more if he's a galant failure than if he's the next Schumy anyway