View Single Post
Old 9 Jul 2007, 21:43 (Ref:1959105)   #22
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Curtibua needs to remain to partner Mexico. If you are going to the expense of shipping the cars half way around the world then it makes sense to run two races while you are there. Actually it doesn't need to be Curtibua, it just needs to be another South or Central American track. Same logic applies with the proposed Japan round, which dovetails nicely with Macau.

The alternative would be a USA/Canada trip. Somewhere like Lime Rock or Toronto with ALMS or Champ Cars. Nice idea but I suspect unlikely.

Much depends on the desire to retain the 'World' title. The other option would be to follow the GT model, drop the 'World' and become a 'International' series based mostly in Europe but with the odd flyaway race (i.e. Macau). It could still be the FIA Touring Car Championship, but not the FIA World Touring Car Championship. I suspect for a number of reasons that isn't really an atractive prospect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
it's only shown at the middle of the night on Channel 4 in the form of a 30 mins highlights package per week. They got the rights 2 or 3 weeks ago and showed 2 or three rounds a week or something.
Did they? Why didn't someone tell me

Quote:
Another thing - why can't they race on shorter tracks? .. running Brands on the GP track is silly when DTM go on the short one with their Prototypes
Brands Indy can be awful for anything with wings, I'd much rather they stuck to the GP track.