View Single Post
Old 10 Jul 2007, 07:57 (Ref:1959342)   #23
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
@ Go for pole, the reason that the parkingsituation in Zandvoort was bas might have been that the preparationtime was shorter than for the masters and the DTM-events. It's also possible that Lotti just whines about something he should have known, since parking and driving near Zandvoort always is a problem. Not for me though, since the trainstation is 10 minutes away.
The reason that Brno is not attracting to many fans is maybe that the circuit is't suited for S2000-touringcars at all. And some other great series that race there are better suited. (A1GP, MotoGP, FIA GT) WTCC has an even greater disadvantage, since there are no Chechs in the WTCC, as there are in the other series. Well, i've stated my opinion a few times already here, FIA should swap Brno with Budapest for F1 and WTCC.

If a second round in Latin America is needed as Redshoes suggests (and I agree with him) they might go to Buenos Aires. The circuit over there is very well suited for WTCC, and the Argentines obviously like 2l-touringcars, since they have a great 2l-championship of their own, with a lot of importer/manufacturersupport. Maybe organising a WTCC-race is a good way to convince the Argentines to endorse S2000 as well.
However, it would be a shame if Curitiba and/or Puebla are lost. I liked both of the tracks, and the public apparently liked it as well, since they came in quite large numbers. Must have something to do with the participation of Farfus and Jourdain. However they need to do something about the safety of both tracks.

Wow, that's a long post!