View Single Post
Old 14 Jun 2021, 12:34 (Ref:4056340)   #2306
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Plus her ability to burst eardrums with a scream might be an unfair imposition on the good people of Kirkby Mallory. (Thankfully the inclination to use that particular scream seems to have abated a great deal in the past fortnight or so. Hopefully that sort of progress will be maintained.)

One has to wonder what the cause of the screaming might have been. It may have been, as the Matron in charge of the maternity unit where my twins were born, told my wife and I as soon as they came into this world, this is too often just an attention seeking method that infants and youngsters develop.

The way that she ran the unit was that the babies were only allowed into the mothers' ward during the daytime, and were kept in a nursery at night so that the mothers could get a good nights sleep. Babies were not fed after about 11 o'clock in the evening until about 6-7 the next morning. She found that babies soon realise that getting the miseries during the night never resulted in them being picked up and pandered over, and as a result our two never woke us up in the night. The only exception was one night when one of the boys had been unwell, and he came into our bedroom and gently woke me up apologising for the intrusion.

Meanwhile, back at the hospital, if any baby was disturbing other babies, then it was taken out of the nursery and placed in another room out of earshot of mothers and other babies. And they were still not picked up.