Old 15 Jun 2021, 23:08 (Ref:4056614)   #2312
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
My Dad was into motorsport, mostly rallying and in particular he was a good navigator, later club secretary for Bognor Regis Motor Club. . .We used to get taken to rallies, and plenty of Sundays autotesting in dusty fields near Rustington/Littlehampton/|Bognor whewre all the farms are/were. My forst proper circuit visit I remember was Sillystone, BTCC, around 1990 I think, The Support race was ICS saloons and I got the first bit of the bug. you were probably there Peter? I'm pretty sure Gordon would have been, Nick Stagg etc . . . Also remember the Transit supervan.

The ICS association started in 1992 and had big grids of historic racing saloons. The series lasted about 5 years and numbers tailed off in the last couple of years when it became part of the BTCC package and entry fees had to be paid up front for the season and race cars had to arrive at the circuits between certain times on the Friday evenings and couldn't be removed from the circuit before racing finished. It was all too much for most of us who had to work for a living and couldn't afford the time and expense to become 'semi-pros'.
Good though in the early years with Gordon, Ronnie Fielding, Nick Stagg and Pete Landers mixing it with the Mustangs of Pete Hall and the Torregianis.