View Single Post
Old 16 Jun 2021, 07:02 (Ref:4056637)   #2313
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
My Dad as I have said before worked for JW Automotive.For some reason Mum and Dad did not want me to race.I had an older brother who had no interest in racing but he came along in the early days and would report back to my parents as to what was going on.
They never came racing and never spoke about it. One day I went round to see them and there was a picture of me at Brands Hatch on the wall. I would of loved Dad to of come along but it never happened.
On the other hand my poor children were dragged alone at a very early age.We loved camping it was great fun in those days There was never a shortage of friends who would look after them for me. My daughter was very cute and with long blond hair all the grannies loved her. One lasting memory was winning a race at Snetterton and Malc the pit lane marshal held her up in his arms right by the chequred flag man so she could wave at me. Happy days.
BTW Stewart now 30 finally had a go in a FF2000 at Mallory a few weeks back.
We got his licence when he was 17 but he has never shown an interest to race. He will stand in the pooring rain at Spa for 6 hours and run the pit board but never wants to drive.