Old 19 Feb 2005, 08:11 (Ref:1229984)   #1
11tenths
Rookie

United States
San Francisco, California
11tenths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could have, Should have, Would have: Dennis on MS

Interesting piece quoting Dennis on a missed opportunity back in '99:

"We had the opportunity, but we didn't take it," said Dennis in regards to signing Michael Schumacher.

Dennis was later quoted as saying: "The collective decision was that it wasn't the right thing for the company,". In addition he was quoted as saying: "I do believe we could have reached the point where he could have driven for the team,".

Well, then there's that. Group decisions can be a pain in the ass (arse).

Then there's Ron off on: "But when you say to someone 'Do you want to drive for this team?' the individual says yes and at that moment you've got to be committed to the process. Until you can put yourself in that position you don't ask the question. So it was a long discussion, to go away and think about each other's position and then decide if that question was going to be asked." according to Dennis.

Said Dennis on the Schumacher decision:

"And we didn't get to the point of it being a question,".

Well, to all ye of little Senna faith, I point out the following quote from Dennis when it came down to brass tacks:

"What I can recall is that I felt I was a significant contributing factor to paying Ayrton more money than this company could afford,".

Enough said, Ron: Group decisions are overrated. We get it already.