Thread: WEC Rebellion Racing
View Single Post
Old 23 Jan 2015, 17:01 (Ref:3495612)   #754
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNigel View Post
Only time will tell, but I would suspect that they also need the time to properly test the integration of the new engine. Let's hope that it won't take too long for them to be ready to hit the track.

The interesting bit of "info" is the explicit reference to the Audi engine, besides the AER alternative.

Has anybody a clue as to how "similar" in configuration Audi's ex-DTM V8 engine is compared to Toyota's ? Could it be "easier" to accommodate the Audi engine compared to the turbocharged AER engine ?
They are both 90 degree V8s, but I don't know about length/width/height.
The Toyota weighs around 120kg and has an aluminium block, but I believe the Audi is cast iron, so presumably is a bit heavier.