View Single Post
Old 17 Sep 2018, 12:34 (Ref:3851025)   #1815
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I see also that a migrant camp at Dunkirk is being ‘dismantled’, so wonder where all the occupants of that will disperse to.....
More on that. On the way to Spa I passed the Shell truck stop at Wetteren, between Ghent and Bruxelles, which is very useful if you need to do the journey in two hits. It has a ‘secure’ truck park, although the definition is more to do with not being able to get out unless you’ve paid..... As I passed I could see a lot of blue flashing lights in the truck park, and on the way back yesterday it was all coned off and empty. Could be coincidence but I was warned by a German trucker last time I parked there about migrant activity in it. Shame if true because it was very convenient!

All the discussion about best route to Spa is irrelevant when an incident intervenes! It took me only 4hrs to get to Dunkirk from the circuit yesterday afternoon, which was about as fast as you can do it at 90kph. Another truck that had left earlier in the morning arrived only just before me- stuck on the E40 for 3hrs behind a big accident. Just luck or bad luck.....

After that we both then got stuck at Dartford for 1.5hrs because there was a big crash on the M25 between 29 and 30. All traffic held. Eventually when we got through the bores the M25 was closed (incl trapped traffic as far as the eye could see) so we had to turn left or right! Took me an extra hour to get home, and eventually got to bed at 0500 this morning. I think the other truck ran out of hours as I saw him pulling into a service area.... The joys of driving nowadays. Even on a Sunday night it can all go wrong.