View Single Post
Old 8 Nov 2017, 01:35 (Ref:3779352)   #357
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Musical chairs at Porsche GTLM. S365 says Tandy and Bamber go to IMSA full time (which is a good move). Pilet in the other car has been mighty so good move keeping him in play. Bruni and Vanthoor to WEC fulltime (also a good move and my WEC super season pre-season favorites for the title and glory at LM )

Of the two pairings in WEC 2017, who gets the reduced role (or is there a 3rd car in the works)? The 92 car has looked much racier than the 91 car all season. Kevin Estre has been phenomenal and seems likely to stay. Christensen not too shabby although he binned the car at Le Mans. Unlucky engine failure in Shanghai where they dominated until that point. They have had a litany of DNFs on the season. 2 mechanical failures (Shanghai, Silverstone) and the accident at Le Mans which was a double points round.

In the 91 car, Lietz and Mako are somehow 3 points off lead for drivers title going into final round in Bahrain. I don't know how they have ended up in this position as they haven't stood out this season. The 92 car would have been the better placed car in each of the races where they DNFd. If they take the title, it will be hard pressed to push them aside.

My guess for WEC
91: Vanthoor, Bruni
92: Makowiecki, Estre