View Single Post
Old 8 Nov 2017, 18:51 (Ref:3779506)   #33
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
After he was within one corner of winning the WDC in 2008, I assumed that he would become WDC one day - or at least would have another chance or two. His performances in that year were really excellent.

I did not realise until I just checked that his win at that race in Brazil in 2008 was his last in F1. A few months later he was lucky to be alive after that accident. I guess we will never know if that had any affect on his driving.

I think the time is right for him to move on.
I thought he was lucky to come so close in 2008. I didn’t think of him as championship material. This was before his accident. I can’t really tell if he accident had a long term effect on him.

He was a decent driver, but just not top draw like Schumacher or Alonso, but then few rarely are. He was a likeable fellow who certainly showed his emotion. It’s probably time to move and and I suspect he’ll continue to enjoy his racing. Which more than makes him a winner.