View Single Post
Old 16 Dec 2017, 13:27 (Ref:3787456)   #27
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post

IMO - grid girls should go. They add absolutely nothing what so ever to the show or sport. And I'd make an argument that glamour is possibly the worst thing that could happen to F1 anyway. Give me a half dirty Sebring tent any day over the glamour of F1.
Whilst in the air today, it came to my mind that the aviation industry is an example of where the stereotypical 'trolley-dolley' has moved on massively and cabin crew (on the whole) are given the respect they deserve for doing so much more than look pretty.

So my thought is, rather than simply asking if grid girls should stay in F1 - the whole role of an individual on the grid should be reviewed.
Perhaps the situation would be more correct if the people were used for much more within the team(s), including being brand ambassadors, having a hospitality and service role, and that gender was irrelevant?

If we had an insight into the behind the scenes work (as airlines have done), and saw that they also had a wider contribution to the running of an event, then perhaps the job would be seen as so much more than just being employed for your body?