View Single Post
Old 11 Jan 2018, 10:19 (Ref:3791926)   #16
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
That puts an end to the rumour that Kvyat was to be signed as Williams third driver for 2018.

If Raikkonen doesn't do well in the first half of the season, what's Kvyat's chances of taking his seat? IMO, I think Kvyat would do a better job of the #2 driver at Ferrari.
Pretty slim. They have Giovinnazi as the official nominated reserve..... this test and development title is just a fancy term for simulator ***** in blunt terms.

Vergne had the role back when he was 'unemployed' after being released by STR. I dont believe he ever got any real track mileage in the role. With the limited testing these days Ferrari wont waste days on him, and the rookie tests are something which Kvyat wont be eligible for (72 GP starts). Gutierrez was another to take the test and development role at Ferrari... he slipped in and out of Haas after.

My opinion.