View Single Post
Old 16 Apr 2018, 01:10 (Ref:3815905)   #339
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
I think Bahrain was more that other teams were struggling than Toro Rosso suddenly being fast. They did execute that race perfectly, but on pace terms I think they're still the last team of the midpack.
I could be wrong, but I believe they had real pace (at least Gasty) at Bahrain. He wasn't holding anyone up. So I wouldn't put them at the back of the mid-pack (at least for that race)

As to what was going on at China. I wonder if there were setup issues. I read the following article after qualifying and actually wondered if TR might consider reverting to prior setup and then starting from pitlane...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/g...rtley-1026092/

A number of interesting quotes from Gasly in that article. It sounds like the car might have been downright evil when being pushed. That some type of change they made between practice and qualifying was very much in the wrong direction.

There is also the issue that I am sure they will have some tracks that work well for them and others that don't.

Richard