Thread: Joest Racing
View Single Post
Old 23 Oct 2023, 10:35 (Ref:4182591)   #4
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
To be fair, they were tied to Glickenhaus, and even though it was easy to assume that they'd be squeezed out of the WEC LMH class by the factory backed teams eventually, why would Joest shop around for a new program when tethered to one already?

Mind you, I'm still of the opinion that Champion out-shined them in the late days of the R8 program and during the R10 program, and I believe that Wolfgang Ullrich (head of Audi Sport at the time) said something similar in the past.
There is no doubt in my mind that Joest would have the option in the contract with Glickenhaus, to leave for another larger scale program. Besides a contract with a big manufacture, would have been signed before Glickenhaus (especially if it was of germanic origin )