Old 30 Aug 2007, 08:42 (Ref:1999869)   #83
ART Racing
Rookie

Australia
Toowoomba, QLD
ART Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1983 Toyota Celica Supra BSCC Information Needed

Hi,

Am trying to sort out the paperwork for my MA61 Supra Group A car, ex Win Percy/TTGB, and part of the CAMS requirement is to identify all the races the car was entered in.

I know that the car's first track outing was 16 July 1983 at Silverstone for Round 8 of the BSCC as I have photos of it on the track - but I am confused as to whether it actually raced, as it wasn't homologated until 1 August. Car would presumably also have been entered in Round 9 at Donnington on 14 Aug, and then Round 10 at Brands Hatch on 29 Aug. Car then definately raced at the TT on 11 September as I have photos and race results, but then Round 11 was 2 October at Silverstone for which I again have no information.

Car continued racing in England until its crash at Thruxton on 23 Apr 84, but I have a pretty good handle on the early 84 BSCC rounds. There have been some threads here over the years, but none of which address the 83 results.

Does anyone have any information on Rounds 8-11 of the BSCC in 83? All I mainly want to do is confirm whether the car raced, and who the driver was at the time: results would be great as well but harder to come by.

John