View Single Post
Old 3 Nov 2023, 13:17 (Ref:4184167)   #63
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
The rumour mill is insanely stupid.
Sure it is. Driving in F1 is a very public position. So you can't avoid it. It comes with the job. But if there is blood in the water, the sharks will come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
But he will place and then the hounds will give him a rest.
I hope he does well. But why do you think that if he does well in one race they will cool off? Especially given the comments about the insanity (lack of logic) of the rumor mill?

The narrative will be... What changed? Why is he so inconsistent? Does this change the plans to replace him? Maybe he knows he is being replaced so he no longer has pressure on him? Etc.

The only way for the talk to go away is for him to put in a serious string of good performance and there is not enough races in the season for him to do that. The talk about his performance will continue (fair or not).

Richard