View Single Post
Old 30 May 2013, 16:44 (Ref:3255533)   #56
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff View Post
Bernie not wanting to lose Montreal has much more to do with its popularity (among the teams, drivers, fans etc. as Dutton mentioned in his earlier post), than being down to only a single race in North America. A surplus of interested organisers and venues and only so many spots on the calendar, ye ole supply and demand, IMO.

I only hope he doesn't screw it up when it comes to the likes of Montreal and Sao Paulo, to name only two.
I wasn't discounting the popularity amongst teams, drivers and fans, that's a given. In fact losing a very popular race I think would do Bernie no favors, especially as he's trying to expand in North America and I also think if North America is reduced to one race, that would be retrograde for the same reason.

North America is a big market and one that Bernie, the teams and their sponsors want to take advantage of.