View Single Post
Old 22 Aug 2018, 12:32 (Ref:3845369)   #58
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think the answer is that nobody will know how things are likely to develop and the 2 year "exit" period after making the formal application was never intended to used. It was, in effect, a an unrealistic expectation that allowed an apparent option to depart but was never expected to be used - other than as a factor in people deciding it was not enough time and so it would be better to stay.

So in the end everything comes down to how "reasonable" the various parties can be during what will be a transition period whether that is how it is officially described and named or not. At least at the political and bureaucratic level.

At the legal level reasonableness may not be something one can rely upon.

I can't image that any of the bodies of authority in motor sport could possibly provide any sort of authoritative guidance in that respect other than any legal requirements that are specific to motor sport in a specific country are likely to remain as they are providing no legal precedent is undone by the process.

Sadly being in that position helps no one to make decisions with predictable outcomes at this time. Or at least that's how it seems to me.