View Single Post
Old 23 Aug 2018, 08:17 (Ref:3845501)   #67
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
About licence and considering the question of Swiss people, all Swiss I know of and competing at a large and international scale have an International Licence with accompanying letter issued every year and must complete full medical checks accordingly.

Altogether and reading this thread it has become apparent that many are not aware of much when it comes to Europe and agreements that are in place. One must not think Schengen is everything as this concerns people, then comes the AELE, EFTA and so on.

Goods are different but again Switzerland can be a good example, I moved there recently and came from an EU country no other than France. Basically I believe you guys must understand that all trading between EU and Switzerland are ruled through a series of billateral agreement which started in the 70s and are negotiated every once in a while depending on where one wants to go or how one wants to protect its own economy mainly. But altogether, it's expensive to import anything here, that's the main word.

When it comes to motor sport, movement is fine when it goes back and forth but real trouble starts with import and exports which can have a huge economic impact on the final bill and customer and that is what one must see with Brexit.

The movement will be alright and processes just like Carnet and Packing Lists will get back, it's pretty straightforward but Brexit may result in taxes when it comes to import but also for mainland EU and therefore, it's a whole line or just like dominos if made simple, why would I chose to be impacted by taxes when I can find another supplier within the existing system? Best example being at the last Oldtimer GP where there was an advert offering space for companies wishing to relocate on mainland EU in the programme, guess why...

What I think will be interesting will be post 2019, more like 2021 and to be looked at, the Formula One industry.