View Single Post
Old 7 Oct 2019, 23:36 (Ref:3932566)   #30
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc View Post
I'll remember Autosport / MN with fondness,
Same here. Back in the seventies, long before the internet became info central I used to religiously get Autosport / Motoring News everyThursday morning on my way to work, spending large amounts of time in the bathroom. Sometimes Dad would come home on the Wednesday night with an early copy he had got from somewhere near Waterloo Stn.

When I moved to Australia in 1983 my Birthday present every year was an airmail subscription to Autosport.... Thursday's edition would arrive always on a Monday morning. Then that got a bit beyond my Birthday present budget and stopped. Compounded by work that involved being away for much of the week and missing its arrival.

It was my only way at the time of catching up on UK clubbie news / results of categories I used to run in. Plus catch up on the international scene. Buying hard copies nowadays in something I only do at airports etc to help pass waiting time.

Happy Days.