View Single Post
Old 23 Jan 2006, 14:23 (Ref:1507353)   #4
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Peter,

GJ Motorsport was a combination of Graham and Jim Warren the latter who'd previously had a title success 'as' Bromley Motorsport in Euro 3000 in '88 with a guy called Ron Salt in Staffs and driven by Moreno. One of the Warren's later ran the works Mygale squad in Formula Ford that propelled a certain Jenson Button onto stardom!

I recall Plasch, indeed a Belgain (who'd graduated from a reasonably good year in European Formula Opel against the likes of Barrichello, De Ferran, DC, Sospiri and a Spanish guy Lopez) driving a GJ 90D possibly with a Nicholson DFV, in early rounds of Brit 3000 in '91 but he didn't complete the season for some reason and was never seen again.

Coyne also ran for GJ in that series (and may have taken over Plasch' seat) sponsored by Pyrford (and there was also a bit of Camel on the roll hoop) and was quite competitive with a dominant display at a Thruxton round i think? GJ entered him in the Brands Hatch Euro round in August that year (qual 14th) but shunted hard early in that race. I have no idea if it was with this particular chassis.

He was a bit slower after that in the Brit series, but they traced the fault to a cracked tub or something? It'll be worth confirming with someone if that was your car or another one.

I remember reading something about it having a cracked tub or anti roll stuff?

Hope this is a bit of useful history!