View Single Post
Old 12 Apr 2014, 01:30 (Ref:3391340)   #106
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post

I think half of Betty's sponsorship woes are down to her, her image, and how she presents herself. I mean what kind of company is going to shell out a cool million + when the public figurehead appears on TV and trackside in her "mowing the lawn" clothes, is covered in tattoos, and has a different hair colour every time you turn around? That's before she's even opened her mouth, and we all know that she's always "speechless" because that's all she ever says. That is just not the appearance and commentary that a million dollar sponsor is looking to associate themselves with. The way she presents herself and interviews, I also think she comes off as the poor little rich girl, and people don't tend to take a liking to people that have everything handed to them on a silver plate / tall poppy syndrome, let alone throw millions more at them.

IMO, V8Supercar's need true character's such as Betty, and despite your comments about her being undesirable in terms of the image she portray's, sponsorship wont be a problem if her money can eventually end up with the team winning Championships or even consistently being on the top steps of the podium.