View Single Post
Old 16 Apr 2014, 11:43 (Ref:3393271)   #119
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Interesting times ahead, indeed.

Erebus didn't do a whole lot for the three naming rights sponsors they had last year. Surely this is what a potential backer would look into before handing over the cheques.

The crude renderings and intermittant branding on the cars at Winton can't be doing much for the Tapout relationship either.

The Erebus/MB relationship would have to be the most unusual tie-up I've ever seen. A lot of leveraging to try and force one particular manufacturer to get involved has ocurred. While it's nice to think that remaining loyal to a brand that she has an interest in at dealership level, which in turn lead them down the path of MB customer programs out of Germany for their F3 and GT3 campaigns, would lead to an all-in V8SC effort, simply hasn't transpired.

The cars over time have had all sorts of MB signage on them, but nothing from the mob that brings the passenger cars in. They simply don't want to know about it. After their race win at Winton, MBAU's Facebook page lit up with pleas from fans, insisting they get involved. No responses were forthcoming.

MBAU just don't want to get on board with Erebus, full stop. I totally agree with what has been said about Betty slipping quietly into the shadows. As much as I enjoy her ramblings on Facebook, she does very little for the team outside of her financial imput. The whole thing unfortunately looks like a bit of a novelty.
Just to make it clear though, the responsibility for the commercial activities and strategy of the Erebus team is in the hands of Mr Maddison and Mrs Klimenko while Mr Stone concentrated on car engineering activities.

Its sad to see long time commercial partners like SP Tools and Irwin Tools leave the team, it surely has to be a reflection on the powers that be in charge of commercial activities.

Its easy to say that you wont compromise on the price of a sponsorship deal, a rotation of small brands, and a changing look every round....

It just looks craap! Even PWR managed to slap a trading name on the side even though their cars were funded by family interests

A question then.. would a sponsor be more inclined to back Volvo GRM or Erebus?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods