View Single Post
Old 23 Feb 2015, 20:32 (Ref:3508127)   #86
straff99
Rookie

straff99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Straff

Just my opinion fella. Just too loud in such a close arena. Am not criticising you or what you are doing, and of course it's great to see all sorts of cars. I would be the lone voice here and as you say plenty of people enjoy it.

Just for me, and one or two others, the thing just makes a bit of a racket I am afraid. And not a nice one in my ears, constantly hitting a limiter is not a nice noise for me lol! Think you could do with some grip.

Luckily there were enough cars out there to mean you could enjoy everything else aswell, that thing is a little overbearing that's all.

But let that not detract from the whole thing, apologies for the calling.
No problem. It's tricky; we've upped the axle ratio to stop the wheel spin on gravel (450 bhp) but that's made the gearing very long for Race Retro (leave it in first or change up then straight down again?). Hence hitting the rev limiter. When we run the exhaust most people seem to prefer it and I'm deaf so I don't mind! If I put the big wing on the back I upset some folk but I can guarantee I get asked where it is when I don't. I could drive it in a straight line and set faster times but that's not the point at these demo's. We're there to put on a show for the spectators - the dyed in the wool rally fans and the car nuts, not to set fast times. Race Retro's a brilliant event and the fans are great. I suppose if we keep 90% of the visitors happy then that's as good as it gets. And thanks for the support!