View Single Post
Old 10 Nov 2018, 18:54 (Ref:3862204)   #34
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
After any free practice session or during the qualifying practice session cars will be weighed as follows :
i) When signalled to do so the driver will proceed directly to the FIA garage and stop his engine.
A reprimand will be imposed on any driver who fails to stop when signalled to do so.....

Not sure what part isn’t breaking 29.1....he failed to stop his engine when signalled to do so, and also drove at an FIA steward
Good call on the engine, my bad.

However, the second part does not apply. You cannot apply rules using sentences that are cut off. The full statement is

A reprimand will be impose on any driver who fails to stop when signalled to do so, provided the car is then brought back to the FIA garage without delay and that the FIA technical delegate is satisfied the car has been brought back in exactly the same condition it was in when it was driven into the pits.

This is about missing the box, which he certainly did not do - so that doesn't apply here. Also, the regulation states if the car is brought back in the exact same condition (which it was because it never missed it), then it's a reprimand only.

Also, did we all know there was a maximum and minimum height for trophies? I've never been that far down in the rules - it almost reads like a parody!