View Single Post
Old 26 Nov 2018, 13:03 (Ref:3866053)   #32
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Verstappen is ruthless and arrogant at the same time expecting other drivers to dance to his tune. Senna was the same, MS and it is one of my greatest disappointments that their careers did not overlap enough for some real fireworks. I have a sneaking suspicion that Verstappen is going to find it very hard to win a driver's championship because of his volatility, other drivers now know he can be wound up and he will bite when they do it. In fact I wonder if his career is going to go something like Alonso's, he gets frustrated with a lack of results and makes poor team selection decisions. The next two years are not going to be easy with rule changes and a new PU, then the changes of 2021 and by then Leclerc will be up to speed along with a few others so the prediction of him winning multiple championships is for me open to debate.
Excellent summation, in my opinion. He's tipped too far towards the passionate side and that exposes his weak points, which elder statesmen like Hamilton and Vettel will milk for all they're worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
He has come out of karts where aggression is absolutely expected with a move it or lose it mentality and anyone who has been involved in karts at a championship level will tell you that aggressive driving is the name of the game and these kids are carrying it into cars for good or bad. he is barely out of school, still trying to come to terms with being wealthy beyond his dreams and is living a life of expectation, when he says jump he expects people to ask how high.
...except he knows now that his race engineer will just keep on standing there