View Single Post
Old 30 Nov 2018, 13:19 (Ref:3867004)   #69
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa View Post
I am sure there are women in the world who really believe they can compete as equals with men in F1. But history shows us that very, very few of them actually manage to do it.
I'm absolutely sure there are women who can compete as equals, and motor racing is one of the few sports where that can happen. The problem is more with how many of them take up the sport in the first place. It takes a lot of junior drivers to produce one F1 driver, and if only 0.005% of those juniors is female, then the likelihood of one them being the one is vanishingly small.

Lumping them together in one series doesn't seem to me to help with that fundamental problem in any way.