View Single Post
Old 25 Sep 2019, 19:18 (Ref:3930101)   #7
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I hope these type of open rules stay for a while so we can get these unique engines. Electric bores me and I'm not big on the electric everything will save the world. So these things can stay for a long while and I wouldn't mind. I just want to make it to a race to hear and see them in person before they're gone.

Two V12's with different sizes and such would be great.
But it IS the future, whether one wants it or not. And even if not electric cars, then other alternative sources will be. The motorsport industry can't just sit doing nothing while the road car industry moves on, otherwise you get NASCAR and it's aging crowd watching wrestling. These rules really feel like a step backwards and the biggest hint of that is the heavy lumbering Aston Martin that doesn't even bother to have standard hybrid system the actual road car does.

Besides electrification and/or other alternative power sources extremely likely will lead back to LMP1 esq technology war. The only thing these rules lead is balance of performance and complaining and sandbagging.