View Single Post
Old 30 Oct 2018, 19:52 (Ref:3860018)   #291
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was all set for making this my last Revival having attended I think, for one day at least, pretty much all the previous ones. As I have probably said here before, I can do without the dressing up that even Revival Lite (aka the MM) encourages as country casual. Given the weather in recent years, I have taken advantage of all the latest technology to the extent of wearing both down jackets at the same time this year for MM76 "the snowy one".

However, eschewing the dressing up, bar a casual cravat on Friday, I have to say that I really enjoyed much of the racing - which after all is what it should be about. To stand at Madgwick as the field streams through in the TT without fences or excessive run off so you can actually see the cars remains very impressive.

So we have booked accommodation again, for one more year at least, but retirement means that the opportunity to do more overseas historic meetings is now a reality. So Dijon, Ricard, Imola, Portimao may get a visit in the coming years, camera in hand !