R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
The Mustang in
Cup was for exactly this reason... that Ford plan was cooked up some time ago. Be kind of amusing if they'd tried to make a NASCAR of the Focus Active (the only other car that will be in the Ford range). It's a high riding Focus with hideous black plastic cladding to look tough.

Makes sense, pick ups and SUVs are where the US customer is spending their cash.

In Blighty SUVs are getting everywhere though we still love our compacts and sub compacts. Big sedans like the Fusion (badged Mondeo in Europe) are not cars anybody wants nowadays.
Pick-up Trucks and (unfortunately) suvs have outsold all other vehicles for the last 10 to 15 years here in the U.S.. Pick-ups are EXTREMELY useful, suvs are not. suvs are basically "soccer mom" vehicles, like the station wagon use to be. They clog up the roads and create more of a hassle than anything else, IMO. From what I am hearing, the reason that Ford and the rest are dropping sedans and going to these things is because of the RIDICOUS "café" standards! Those are NOTHING, but enviorWACKO rules, designed to KILL the American auto industry! TOTAL CRAP! Smaller, lighter, less well constructed vehicles, made of cheaper materials that are required to get ABSURD mpg standards! The results, these are DEATH TRAPS on the U.S. highways! The Fusion would not catch on as a racing vehicle, for stock car racing! It is not and cannot be converted into a stock car. BTW, WHAT is a NASCAR? I have not ever seen one of those? I know that NASCAR is a sanctioning body for automobile racing. I see the term, "a NASCAR" from time to time, used by individuals that are anti-NASCAR, but I have yet to ever see or to understand what "a NASCAR" is?