Thread: IMSA Race 2018 Petit Le Mans
View Single Post
Old 7 Oct 2018, 22:15 (Ref:3855302)   #25
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks, Joeb, for your work in getting the threads posted.

This one is tough. About a month ago, I had a student from Braselton sign up for our classes. When I heard that she was from Braselton, I asked if she knew Don Panoz or of him? She had moved in from out of state and knew Chateau Elan and Road Atlanta but not Don.

Three weeks ago, she came in at the start of our Saturday morning class and showed me the Braselton newspaper while saying, "Is this the Don Panoz you were talking about? He died two days ago!"

I was hit with a brick and it knocked the wind out of my sails. Here I was standing in the middle of a class about to get started and I got hit with this shock. So many stories, so much history, so much...

As tears welled in my eyes, I had to leave the classroom.

As I returned a few minutes later there is no way I could explain and simply said, "Good morning, class!"

I still have lots to say and hope I can find the time in my schedule to do so this week.