View Single Post
Old 5 Jun 2014, 08:02 (Ref:3415611)   #52
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden308 View Post
IIRC, neither Jum or Tony had a full blown M3 until the Surfers round, and even then it was only the #3 car. This was because the JPS cars were pretty much last cab off the rank when it came to parts supply from BMW, the WTCC teams being first in line, then the M3's running in the UK and Europe, then Franks little team in Sydney.

From what I know (and I may be wrong), the JPS M3's pretty much ran with 325i running gear and suspension for the first half of the ATCC, although Richards finished second at Symmons and won at Lakeside (and had pole at Calder and Adelaide). Its no coincidence that once the team got their hands on a full M3 that Jim Richards started to show how good the little car was and won 3 of the last 4 rounds to take the title from under Glenn Seton's nose.
325i was a six cylinder, the M3 was a four banger, I reckon the scrutes would notice that!