View Single Post
Old 5 Apr 2019, 09:57 (Ref:3895446)   #47
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post
.... Still the speed is there so it will come, he's been blisteringly fast on at least two power stages this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Some incredible flashes of pace from Meeke. I think he may be still slightly overdriving but, as cg7aa aid, if he can dial it back just a fraction more he should be in the right place. I don't think he looks to anywhere as close to the ragged edge as he was at Citroen though.
Meeke mentioned that he's quick on Shakedown and quick on the Power Stage - he just needs to get the bit in between right! Good to see he has a sense of humour about it. Agreed though he's not looking as ragged he was in the Citroen.

Quote:
Latvala was nowhere, I know he wears his heart on his sleeve but I'm always surprised when he admits his head is gone. Ok, he doesn't use those exact words but he practically infers it by talking about the feeling not being there etc. He's honest, there's no BS with him but I can't help feeling he'll be forced into retirement next season. If Toyota were to go down to two cars, I suspect he might be one shown the door.
I like Latvala - but I think you're right on all counts here.

Quote:
Perhaps Lappi might come back because he looks so so unhappy in that Citroen. Jeez! He's miserable at stage end. Looks completely at sea and he doesn't know why. Contrast with Breen's emotions when he was in the hot seat.
That's a good point - Lappi just looked dazed and confused - he was convinced he'd got everything out of the car but the times were nowhere. That's got to be demoralising - the only saving grace was that Ogier was also saying similar things so it was likely the car was off the pace rather than the drivers.

Quote:
Evans and the Fiesta were a real surprise as you say. Teemu backed it up too and was probably being cautious to finish after the start to the season he has had.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Absolutely gutted for Evans, but I was pleasantly surprised to see the M-Sport Fiesta in the thick of it. I really didn't think we'd see that car so competitive this year, I hope Corsica isn't a one off for either the car or Evans.
We've seen speed from Evans before but with Suninen looking quick too the Fiesta was obviously working well (which is good to see after their obvious budget issues). Imagine how well Ogier could have gone in it!