View Single Post
Old 17 May 2019, 21:11 (Ref:3904412)   #52
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post
Neuville's crash in Chile was quite shocking, it reminded me of two of the biggest rally accidents I've ever seen in the sport: Makinen in Argentina 2004 and McRae in Wales 2001. The sheer violence of the crashes makes you wonder how anyone gets out of the wreck. Thankfully they all did.
I've caught up on the coverage from Chile this evening - looked to have been a good event, if anything it reminded me of rally GB. As you say Neuville's accident was huge (Solberg in Germany was the other that sprang to mind in addition to your two ) and it was good to see the crew get out relatively unscathed. Neuville's championship assault took a big hit as well - Tanak and Ogier picked up big scores this weekend and have jumped Neuville in the standings.