View Single Post
Old 26 May 2019, 19:44 (Ref:3906147)   #2
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Doug,

Firstly, great choice for an event - I haven't been for the last couple of years but it's a superb event and very spectator friendly. I tend to walk the full circuit a couple of times over the weekend and as you're probably aware it's a big circuit so there's lots of walking - so good walking shoes are a must. It's very hilly even just around the pits / paddock area so be prepared.

All the races are normally worthwhile attending. Worth taking in the 6-hour practice on the Friday night as it will give you a feel for good locations for the race.

Weather-wise it's Spa - so pack for all conditions, especially if you do walk it (take a waterproof jacket in a back-pack etc even if it's hot & sunny when you set out).

Parking is fairly easy and just a couple of minutes walk in to the circuit. Used to be about 5 Euros per car I think. Never found it very busy driving in for this event, just a few minutes delay on the odd occasion. Don't know what entry prices are this year but for a three day pass they're normally very reasonable.

Grandstand entry is normally free to access (always plenty of space).

No doubt there's lots of other advice to think of - plenty of the racers on here who will no doubt pitch in. As said, great event.