View Single Post
Old 10 Jun 2019, 14:34 (Ref:3909102)   #71
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Yes, Peter Auto or any organisation can decide this I guess. They introduced that a copy/continuation/recreation could have a kind of rating vs authentic cars in a near future. Good thing imo. May be its my understanding which is not good, Mike will confirm I hope.
The ‘moving goalposts’ we’ve often experienced in the Under 2.5 litre results revolve around whether a car’s HTP declares it as a GTS or GTP. In previous seasons the Porsche 904 would bounce in or out of the category, and we were told that at least one car had papers as a GTS car, but others didn’t. We also at one time had Lotus XVs included, then not. I’ve no idea what Michael’s Elva is classed as on its papers, but if it’s GTS then I would have thought it should be included. But as we’ve repeatedly said, PA Make the rules.....

Regarding the red car’s misfire, Gerard, my first guess is the Rev limiter. It’s one of those small boxes that seem to have a reputation for unreliability! After that, it’s replace Master Switch and Ignition Switch. I’m not a fan of the latter on race cars, but the owner likes it!