View Single Post
Old 30 Oct 2005, 14:19 (Ref:1447546)   #1
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Over achievers / Under achievers

Neil Hodgson - Over Achiever. Harsh maybe, but in 99 / 2000 whenever it was he battled walker for the BSB title, Walker had him beat and he only won it because Walkers bike went bang. Had it not have happened I can't of seen Hodgson getting the Works Ducati ride in 2003. I also think his 2003 title was a bit of a walk over. Ruben Xuas was the only real threat to him but he was inconsistant for too much of the year. Had the 4 cylinder 1000's been around in 2003, I don't think he'd have run away with it as much as he did or if he had a more consistant team mate either. houldn't have gone to Motogp as he's spent his whole career on superbikes and showed his style suited it more as he was shown up by Xuas on more than one occassion as he's had less time on Superbikes. Wasn't much of a threat in his early days in WSBK on Ducati and works Kawasaki either.

Ruben Xuas - Under achiever. Works Ducati rider, should really have been more of a title threat. First win at Oschersleben showed how good he is on his day but that day didn't come round often enough. Showed he can adapt quickly to new bikes by showing Hodgson up in Motogp but I think going to Motogp was a bad move for him. This year his been off the pace and outclassed by most.

Chris Walker - Under achiever. I dont think this is all Chris' fault tho. Should have won BSB title but for bike blowing up. Had he won the title I think he'd have a works Superbike ride now. Injuries have blighted his career too. Move to 500cc championship was bad idea. Showed he was not suited to style of 2 stroke bikes by falling off so much plus not really on the pace on lack lusture bike. Has made too many wrong career choices in my opinion or would have been a world superbike champion or top3 rider by now.

Gary McCoy - Over hyped rather than over achiever. So he won a few races, so what? Where was he all those other races in 500gps??? Mid pack at best. On his day could beat anyone, but like Xuas, doesn't have enough of those days.

Anthony Gobert - Under achiever. So much potential but llike Walker, never on the right bike....or for long enough. Had he got a decent, long term deal somewhere I feel he coud have been a serious WSBK player at some point.

Opinions? Or would anyone like to add anyone to this list....