View Single Post
Old 7 Jul 2022, 09:27 (Ref:4118528)   #192
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Initially published Sep 2018:

ACO unveils hydrogen-powered prototype at Spa

The ACO’s aim of introducing hydrogen-powered prototypes to Le Mans took solid form at Spa-Francorchamps on Saturday (September 22), as Yannick Dalmas drove a series of laps in a experimental development car.

The zero-emission LM PH2G has been produced in partnership between the Le Mans 24 Hours promoter and GreenGT, christened Mission H24, with the ultimate goal being a hydrogen class for the 2024 edition of the great race.

Then in Feb 2019:
The Automobile Club de l’Ouest (ACO) and GreenGT have come together to form H24 Racing team with the push towards hydrogen-powered cars continue on.

'As the work on the car as well as the formation of the category continues on behind the scenes, the ACO and GreenGT decided to form a racing team which will run the cars in future, with the inception of H24 Racing.'

Then in Jun 2021:
Looking beyond the immediate future of the H24 project, 2024 and the implementation of the new hydrogen class in ACO racing is looming.

'It seems clear that from the eight manufacturers around the table defining the regulations likely just one will emerge to pick up the baton of a challenging timeframe. How far the hydrogen class progresses beyond that will depend on two things: how many manufacturers sign up and how the filling technology from TotalEnergies’ side progresses.'

ACO President Pierre Fillon: "I can tell you at this time that we have five manufacturers involved in the working group on the fuel cell regulations"

I know previously that Red Bull Advanced Technologies and ORECA were working together on a one-make chassis. I wonder if the first few entries (including the Alpine) will be power-train only in the RBAT/ORECA chassis?