Thread: How to start
View Single Post
Old 29 Mar 2012, 20:55 (Ref:3050620)   #152
karting
Racer

karting should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
You won't be allowed out to race unless you and your parent guardian are there. Note as has been said already, as of 2012, your parent/guardian will also need an MSA 'PG licence' themselves. If your parent/guardian can't, for whatever reason, help you work on the kart... and you're able to manage all your own maintenance yourself, then that's not a problem. Depending on what track you go to, you should be able to nag somebody standing around to help you lift the kart on/off the kart stand and in/out of your van/trailer. Do bear in mind that it is a lot harder if you're trying to do everything yourself... I speak from experience... often you need to be in two places at once e.g. signing on AND wheeling your kart through scrutineering. It's not easy and if you could get somebody to help you, it would be a lot better.
the 'no problem at all' comment was aimed at his, 'I would have a parent there but not always one who could act as a mechanic, so sometimes it would just be me to do that stuff so would that be a problem I'm, 15.' not about him being able to race on his own