View Single Post
Old 8 Jun 2018, 13:19 (Ref:3827652)   #412
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixon9 View Post
I think Red Bull only have themselves to blame. I've been watching the live streams of the Formula 3 and tune into the Toyota series down here and some of those kids could be stars given the opportunity. There's always grid filler in the lower leagues of course but that's just sport.

If your stable is so barren you need to reclaim Porsche's wonder boy who hasn't driven single seaters for several years (a driver who Porsche really turned from inconsistent and unreliable into a GT Prototype champion) then you should probably expect him to need a bit of time to get up to speed and give him a solid crack given your cupboard is bare.

Then again, if I was a young driver I'd be skeptical of Red Bull given it's very likely that even if you make it to F1, you'll end up a second class citizen like Ricciardo is and Webber before him. Vettel was a superb driver of course, but you couldn't blame a young guy with interest from F1 teams for being careful of who he invests his career in.

Over in indycar Penske has four blokes who he lets duke it out among themselves, and Chip Ganassi could have given Ed Jones team orders to move over for Dixon last weekend but rightly did not.

Gasly is driving like a bloke who wants a proper Red Bull seat. Given the Ricciardo rumours he might well get one. I hope he doesn't end up a permanent #2.
I don't recall much if any action from Hartley in the 911s, he ran the 919 in the prototype division. I believe a lot of why they signed him was the experience with the hybrid systems.